- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Embodied Meditation in Ireland
September 7, 2019 - September 8, 2019£85 – £125
Alistair is teaching embodied meditation in Ireland.
After a 2 year break, Alistair Appleton is back in Dublin to teach a weekend exploring Embodied Meditation in Ireland.
Based on his work as psychotherapist and his studies with the American Dharma teacher, Reggie Ray, Alistair is leading a 2-day introduction to the field of ‘embodied meditation‘. It will be suitable for all levels: beginners or practitioners wanting to explore this new paradigm of meditation.
The feeling of bodily well-being can be a shock
Often, meditation gets stuck in the head and we end up ‘thinking’ a lot about peace and ease. But the practices of embodied meditation give us a direct experience of a profound inner space and groundedness. This bodily sense of well-being can be really shocking if we’re used to being stuck in our head.
These simple but powerful practices can open up a whole world of aliveness and rootedness.
What you’ll experience on this weekend of Embodied Meditation in Ireland
- a general overview of body-based meditation vs. traditional practice
- polyvagal tuning (based on Stephen Porges’ work) to relax the body
- experiencing ‘awareness’ in the body using the 3 levels of breath
- working with the deep energy of the Earth
- breathing into the lower tantien or hara
What you can expect on a Mindsprings weekend course
- We aim to provide a safe, friendly and tolerant space to explore the benefits of body-based meditation
- There’s a good mix of teaching, experiential practice, and discussion. Talking helps make sure we’ve got it.
- Some practices are done lying down, some sitting up. Weather permitting, we may work outside too.
- Alistair’s training as a therapist is always available for one-on-one support when things arise during practice
- We start at 10am and finish at 5pm each day – with an hour’s break for lunch and some tea/pee breaks
- You’ll receive electronic notes and a recording of the teaching and guided meditation after the course.
- After the weekend, we will try and keep the group together online and with email updates
How to book and financial support
Mindsprings tries to offer good quality instruction at a reasonable cost. We offer a concessionary rate to anyone who is struggling financially, to students and to the unemployed. We never want to turn someone away because they can’t pay. However, the full-price tickets help subsidise these cheaper places, so we ask people to use their discernment when buying a concession.