Yorkshire Compassion Retreat – Loving All Our Parts
March 25, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - March 29, 2020 @ 1:00 pm UTC+0£100 – £190
Alistair is back for a 4-day Yorkshire Compassion retreat
Following last years Tender Heart retreat, Alistair is back to lead a 4-day Yorkshire Compassion retreat at Londesborough Lodge in Scarborough. The focus of this retreat is “Loving All Our Parts” – the somatic meditation of ‘maitri’. This 4-day intensive practice course is designed to deepen the somatic path of the heart.
This Spring week will be a chance for meditators to experience the somatic path of the heart based on the teachings of Alistair’s teacher, Reggie Ray.
What we are going to be exploring
- As always, the somatic path of the heart begins with returning our awareness to our ‘soma’ rather than our thinking ‘psyche’
- We will revisit the practices of Polyvagal Tuning, Earth Descent, Three Levels of the Breath and the Central Channel. All core somatic practices.
- We will begin to tune into the energetic formation of certain ‘moods’ or ‘problems’ that we feel. This way we can see that they have a somatic underpinning.
- We recognise the ‘false guardians’ of pushing away, clinging or ignoring our moment-to-moment experience in the body.
- We open to the ‘true guardians’ of loving, caring, enjoying and staying-with.
- As we stabilise in holding our awareness in these states, we can recognise the parts that are presenting.
- We bring some curiosity and wisdom to our relating with these ‘parts’
- These protective parts become our Protectors.
Please note: this is a retreat with a schedule and silence!
Following from last year’s course, we are trying to create a ‘retreat’ experience over these four days. Ideally, we would like people to stay at or near the Centre and commit to 4 full days of practice.
We begin on Wednesday evening at 7 pm with an introductory sit and practice. And we finish on Sunday lunch-time.
In between that, the schedule is:
- 7am – 8am: An early morning sit and yoga stretch
- 8am – 9.30am: Breakfast and walk
- 9.30am – 12.30pm: Morning practice and teaching
- 12.30am – 3.30pm: Lunch and free time.
- 3.30pm – 6.00pm: Afternoon practice and teaching
- 6.00pm-7.30pm: Soup.
- 7.30pm-8.30pm: Evening sit
We will be in silence most mornings and full silence (outside of the sessions) on Friday and Saturday.
What you can expect on the Mindsprings Yorkshire Compassion Retreat
- We aim to provide a safe, friendly and tolerant space to explore the benefits of body-based meditation
- There’s a good mix of teaching, experiential practice, and discussion. Talking helps make sure we’ve got it.
- Some practices are done lying down, some sitting up. Weather permitting, we may work outside too.
- Alistair’s training as a therapist is always available for one-on-one support when things arise during practice
- There is a schedule on this retreat and silence: see above.
- You’ll receive electronic notes and a recording of the teaching and guided meditation after the course.
- After the retreat, we will try and keep the group together online and with email updates
How to book and financial support
Mindsprings tries to offer good quality instruction at a reasonable cost. We offer a concessionary rate to anyone who is struggling financially, to students and to the unemployed. We never want to turn someone away because they can’t pay. However, the full-price tickets help subsidise these cheaper places, so we ask people to use their discernment when buying a concession.